Another season, another Classics Club Spin. I’ve really enjoyed the two books that were chosen for me in the spring and summer (Revolutionary Road and Mrs. Dalloway) so I am going to take a chance again. I’ve revamped my list, but I am still too much of a coward to include any of the big daddy books like Bleak House. So, below is my list of twenty titles – I’m secretly crossing my fingers for no. 9, no. 15 or no. 16.
- The Professor’s House by Willa Cather
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Group by Mary McCarthy
- Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Fox in the Attic by Richard Hughes
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Soul of Kindness by Elizabeth Taylor
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
- Loving and Giving by Molly Keane
- A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter
- One of Ours by Willa Cather
- Brook Evans by Susan Glaspell
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- The World According to Garp by John Irving
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Are you participating in the spin this time around? What titles from my list have you read and loved? Any you’ve abhorred?
It looks like I am back to blogging, which I didn’t expect, but I am glad I am here.
Oh – a new youth librarian was hired and starts on Monday. I can already feel the stress rolling off of me.