The Classics Club is organizing another spin read and this time I’ve chosen to give it a go. The first spin was during a busy time for me so I didn’t feel up to letting fate choose my next book, but this time I am feeling adventurous and can’t wait to see what book is chosen for me. I’ve been a bit cowardly and have put only books that I feel I can finish by July on my list – nothing super chunky or incredibly hard to read. Most of these are books that I very enthusiastically bought and planned to read immediately, but then let linger. They’ve slowly moved from my bedside table to my upstairs bookcase and are now being neglected in my downstairs bookcase.
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- South Riding by Winifred Holtby
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
- The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
- Nana by Emile Zola
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
- Goodbye to All That by Robert Graves
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Brook Evans by Susan Glaspell
- Saratoga Trunk by Edna Ferber
- Harriet by Elizabeth Jenkins
- Where Angels Fear to Tread by E.M. Forster
- The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- The Optimist’s Daughter by Eudora Welty
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Are you taking the spin? Do we have any books in common?
Also, I can’t read this Danish book blog (unless I use Google Translate, which is not ideal), but I love looking at the photos. This blogger’s pictures are beautiful!
Have a gorgeous weekend!