How is 2013 treating you so far? This has been a great month for me, reading-wise and career-wise. I’ve completed five books to date and will probably finish 7 or 8 by the time we hit February. And I’ve renewed my passion for my job and for librarianship in general that was sadly lacking in 2012. I hadn’t thought about any reading goals for this year as I’ve been focused on my job and very busy -until a few days ago when I realized I do have goals and that putting them in writing will help me to clarify them for myself and to give you an idea of the direction Gudrun’s Tights will take in 2013.
- I will continue to read classics, but probably not as many as last year.
- Barbara Pym and Mary Stewart will make several appearances.
- You’ll see a lot of contemporary fiction featured.
- Young adult novels will comprise half of my reading as I am a youth services librarian and need to keep up. (though I won’t subject those of you who dislike YA with constant posts – maybe just a monthly round-up post)
- I want to read more non-fiction.
- I probably won’t join any challenges or events.
- I’m going to try to read more American authors.
I hope you’ll continue to read along though the content here will be slightly different than it has been in the past. I value each and every comment you leave – let’s keep the conversation going!
Here’s to a fantastic 2013!
Oh, and have you seen that Open Road Media now has several of Barbara Pym’s novels available in ebook format? This is such exciting news! I hope her work will be discovered by a whole new set of readers now that it is accessible electronically.